Pages

The Sneak Attack


At least that's how I feel when people ask to add me as a friend or associate and then instantly send me a message like this:

"Hey, it's great connecting with you! I have a special gift for you that will REALLY grow your business (insert link here)..."

"Thanks for adding me, I can't wait to connect more, by the way when you get some time can you check out XYZ company...you can make Gazillions of dollars a day and I really like you so I wanted to share it with you..."

"I am so happy were friends, by the way I like the way you do business and you would be a perfect addition to my team, you'll make way more with (insert company & link here)...."

"Thanks for talking with me, I wanted to share this with you, it's the opportunity of a life time and normally wouldn't do this but I don't want you to miss out...(insert link here)..."

You get the point.

Look, I'm the first person to jump out of my seat with excitement over my business opportunity. I have had sleepless nights over things as little as a new product, company website or bonus I earned.

I get it, you desperately want to grow your business, are hooked on any promise of get rich quick and want everyone you meet to dive right in after you. At least that's how you come off.

If you want to try and "screw" me, you can at least buy me dinner first. I've been married for 11 years and even my husband knows better than that.


While your method of marketing may work with some, most net-workers will let you know you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than getting most people to join you that way.
 
Basically, take some time to make nice, be friends, make a connection. Say "Hi, it's nice to meet you..." ask me how long I've been networking for or if I like what I do, if I have any pets, if I like the Saints. Then just wait for the answer. It's called starting a conversation, making new friends, building a relationship.


I wish you all much success in everything you do!

Have an amazing day,

- Christine Mikulski