Pages

Doing What You Love, Or Loving What You Do?



Think back to when you were a child. Do you remember what you really wanted to be when you grew up? Maybe it was a cowboy, a ballerina or an astronaut. How many of you as the years passed were able to hang on to those dreams and make them a reality. Maybe as the years flew by you realized you don't even like those things anymore and your dreams had changed.

When I was a little girl I desperately wanted to do 2 things. I wanted to be a stewardess because I loved to fly and I wanted to work with animals. As the years passed I realized that I actually hate to fly, more like dread to fly, and have even gone as far as to drive 24 hours all the way to New York from Mississippi with a car full of kids on more than one occasion.

I did grow up to work with animals, but I don't actually get paid for it.  We volunteer for rescues and have fostered, adopted and even helped place animals in need. While I wish loving animals would pay my bills, the electric company actually frowns upon receiving dog bones as a form of payment.

When I first got started in Networking, it was because I felt as if I had to do something to contribute after my 2nd daughter was born. I couldn't stand the thought of having someone else raise my little girl.

I can honestly say that network marketing for me was something I actually liked doing. I didn't love it like I love working with animals, but I liked it and honestly felt it was something I could spend the rest of my life doing part time. It was OK.

As time went by my part time networking business was no longer something I liked doing, or something I could even see myself doing part time for the rest of my life. It was something I obsessed about! I can honestly say I am head over heels crazy in love with network marketing. I am never bored, the work is never difficult and I never run short of interesting people to talk to. I thrive on having a team. I look forward to calls and to answering questions. I love celebrating their success whether it's their first new business partner or they just achieved a milestone like ranking up. I just can't imagine life without it at this point!

My husband said, in the nicest manner, I'm attracted to network marketing, like a bug is to a light!

I can live with that.

What were your childhood dreams?
Did you end up where you thought you would be?
Are you doing what you love, do you love what you do?

-Christine Mikulski